Who Can Have Dental Implants?
In general, any person at any age may need dental implants. However, it is important to Warren Family Dental that you:
- Commit to good oral hygiene
- Have enough bone to hold the implant in place
- Are healthy enough to undergo oral surgery
- Have healthy gums
- Continue with regular dental visits
Certain people may need to be more closely examined to determine if they are good candidates for dental implants. This can occur if you:
- Are a heavy smoker
- Suffer from uncontrolled chronic disorders (like heart disease or diabetes)
- Have had radiation therapy around the head or neck
Why Should I Get Dental Implants?
There are many reasons why dental implants may be right for you. When looking into tooth replacement, consider the following attributes of Warren Family Dental’s dental implants:
- Comfort: each implant is individually placed and therefore more comfortable than dentures or bridges
- Strength: if taken care of properly, they can last you for your entire life
- Fit: tends to be better than dentures or bridges
- Appearance: they look and feel like your teeth
- Speech: since they won’t slip out, you do not run the risk of your implants slurring your words or causing you to mumble
- Eating: they stay put so you can eat more easily
- Oral Health: other teeth do not have to be altered to fit, like with a bridge, so your teeth are left intact
- Flossing: you can floss around your dental implant and other teeth
- Cleaner: unlike dentures, there is no need to disinfect or deal with adhesives to keep them in place
How Do I Get Dental Implant?
To begin the dental implant process, you should first make an appointment with a licensed dentist. The friendly staff at Warren Family Dental is ready to take your call and answer any questions you may have about the process. We will create a personal treatment plan for you based on your specific situation.
How Do I Take Care of My Dental Implants?
Dental implants should be treated just like your real teeth. It is important to brush, floss, rinse with ADA approved mouthwash, and schedule dental check-ups regularly. This will keep your implants and teeth looking great and working well.
Give us a call at (608) 241-7999 to set up a consultation so we can help you decide if dental implants are the right move for you.